Started in 2009, truecaller has come a long way with its versatile functionalities. Being well-known, the app has become the world’s largest caller identification program, all because of its features.
One of the biggest advantages of Truecaller is its ability to do an online number check, & the best part about it is that you can do a free online number check on Truecaller for free. This helps its users combat the ever-growing problem of scam calls. The Truecaller phone number search online free service does a wonderful job of detecting the location of the caller. Just like you can track someone’s location using Google Maps, you can use true caller online number checks to trace unidentified callers.
To explore the usefulness of Truecaller through its website or Truecaller phone number search online free download applications, you must follow certain steps. And this is what this blog will talk about at length.
Truecaller Phone Number Search Online Free
With such a massive troupe of active monthly users, Truecaller has a huge database of contacts. True Caller online number check facility is readily available on web-enabled devices all across the globe.
Truecaller’s online search is a pretty handy tool for all. You can access and turn it to your advantage in 3 ways: from its website, from its Android and iOS applications.
This “reverse phone lookup” tool is very easy to use by anyone and anytime. Reverse phone lookup means finding the owner of the phone number from the number, rather than using the original phone lookup technique.
To enable Truecaller phone number search online for free function, you either go to the official website or download the applications. Let us get to know these methods one by one.
Through Truecaller’s Official Website
The first way to use this service is to access it through its official website. If you are someone who does not want to download the dedicated application and register with it, this method is best for you. You can explore this method using the following steps:
- Go to Truecaller’s official website, truecaller.com.
- Then, in the search bar, type the number you want to look for.
- Click on the search button.
- Now, you will be asked to sign in to your Truecaller account.
- After you sign in, you get to explore the benefits of Truecaller phone number search online free service.
- Truecaller will run a search through its database to locate the number you have typed in the search bar.
- Once the search is complete, the True Caller online number check service will display all the details related to the number.
This method can be used by anyone to manually look for the details of a number. This AI-based caller identification service has its own dedicated application as well. The True Caller online number check can be done using its Android and iOS application.
Using Truecaller Android Application
Using Truecaller’s free online number search option, allows you to enter any phone number you suspect to be a scam. However, Truecaller’s application identifies and displays the caller’s name on its own. Additionally, you get the option of manually looking for numbers.
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Then look for the application for Truecaller phone number search online free download.
- After downloading the app, register your account on it using your phone number.
- Truecaller will ask for certain permissions to access your contacts, phone calls, and messages, which you need to grant.
- Now you can search for a number through Truecaller, by typing the number in the search field.
- Truecaller can also display the name of the caller to you, on its own.
- You can also opt for the Truecaller premium version, which is an ad-free version that lets you know who viewed your profile, gives you a verified premium badge, and gives you call recording and powerful call-blocking options.
The True Caller online number check application is also available on iOS. You need to follow a set of steps, before you can enjoy the benefits of this wonderful application.
Via Truecaller iOS Application
The Truecaller number check application is also available for iPhones, and iPads. You just need to download it from the App Store, and it is ready to use.
- Go to the App Store and search for Truecaller, and download it.
- Following the installation, click on Open.
- Once it is installed, you will be required to accept a list of permissions needed by Truecaller to operate. This will enable the installation.
- Then follow the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Now register on the application using your phone number, email, Facebook ID, or Apple ID.
With this Truecaller Phone Number search online free download on iOS, you can get the details of any unknown phone number you get a call from.
It is also important to understand how this Sweden-based company works. This will help you determine whether the service is worth your time or not.
Benefits of Using Truecaller
In simple words, Truecaller identifies unknown callers and lets you know who called you with a number you don’t have on your contact list or that isn’t recognizable. This multi-functional caller ID tracker, TrueCaller, began its journey at True Software Scandinavia AB, Stockholm, Sweden.
Two students, Alan Mamedi and Nami Zarringhalam, founded the company in 2009 to use this service to detect the credentials of unknown numbers.
Truecaller is primarily a smartphone application that allows caller identification, call blocking, flash messaging, call recording, chatting, and voice calling. With solid data security and regular updates, the service has successfully reached 356 million users worldwide.
Truecaller works by collecting data from its users to enrich its database. When a user registers on Truecaller with their phone number or email ID, it prompts them to give access to their contact list. This way, Truecaller gathers phone numbers.
Now, when someone looks for an unknown caller through Truecaller, the service goes through its directory of numbers it has collected and displays the details of the needed one.
True Caller online number check offers many benefits to its registered users:
- You can trace any unknown number back to its owner and location.
- You can identify whether the call was from a spammer and avoid it.
- Likewise, you can avoid scammers and even report them to warn others.
- Furthermore, you get the facilities of call recording and blocking the number. Truecaller also blocks any number similar to the one you have already blocked.
All these features, and no charges at all. Even though Truecaller has a paid version called Truecaller Premium, the free version also offers most of the functionalities. Starting at $4.99 a month, the premium plan gives you extras like, no ads, knowing who viewed your profile, etc.
Truecaller is indeed a beneficial invention. With its availability in all the countries worldwide, it sure does help an extensive group of people. Its versatility, combined with its easy-to-use interface, offers an experience that makes it stand out among all kinds of phone book applications available today.
It detects not just the name of the caller, but also their location with the specific country name. Additionally, it can also tell you the number of calls the number has made in the past 60 days and how many people have labeled them as spammers.
Read Next: Know How to Check If Your Phone is Monitored
Ans: This unique feature allows anyone to state why they are making the call.
Truecaller presents the caller with a list of reasons before making the call. You can either choose from the listed ones, or state your own personal reason. You can use it like this:
- For all outgoing calls: Go to Truecaller Settings → General → Call Reason.
- For a specific call: Profile View → Call Reason.
Ans: Truecaller can be deemed as a safe application as it adheres to some security guidelines to protect user data. It also uses an encryption facility to secure users’ phone numbers and other types of personal data, like their chats.
Ans: Truecaller also offers a feature that records your calls for you. This call-recording feature allows you to record both your incoming and outgoing calls.
You just need to Launch The Truecaller app → Click on the Profile icon → Lastly click on Call Recordings.
Enable microphone and storage access and find the recordings in Truecaller app’s recordings or from your phone’s storage.