Tracking someone’s location is not a common thing that we do in our daily lives, is it? But sometimes, it becomes a necessity, especially when you have kids and want to keep an eye on them. But you can’t directly implant tracking software on their device; that would be a bit too harsh, so what can you do? Well, you can track their location from Google Maps.
But still, the question is how to find someone’s location on Google Maps without them knowing. Well, if clearly, you wouldn’t want your kids to know that they’re under your surveillance, right? So here’s something that you might like. In this guide, I will explain everything about how to track someone on Google Maps without them knowing. Let’s take a look.
How to Track Someone’s Location on Google Maps?
Since its launch in 2005, Google Maps has proven to be one of the most prominent and widely used mediums for maps across the globe. No matter where you are, just enter your destination, and it will show you the best and the shortest route. However, it is often also used for tracking someone’s location, so let’s also take a look at the same and learn how to track someone’s location without them knowing, starting with Android devices.
From Android Devices
Here’s how to track someone on Google Maps via Android devices:
- Launch the Google Maps app on the target device whose location you want to track, tap on their profile from the top right corner of your screen, and from there, click on location sharing.
- Click on the Share Location button.
- Then, you can select the time for which you want to share the location, and you can use the plus and minus icons to increase or decrease the time period. You can also opt for the ‘Until You Turn This Off’ option.
Note: If the target user has shared their location with you anytime in the past, you will get their location link directly.
- After selecting the contact, you may receive a pop-up message saying that your contact with the target user isn’t connected with the Google account, simply tap on Ok here and continue.
- Now click on Send to forward the location-sharing link to yourself.
- Now from that link on your device, you can see their live location.
And that was all about how to track someone using Google Maps without them knowing on Android devices; let’s now move ahead and learn the same for iOS devices.
On iOS Devices
Follow the below-given steps to learn how to track someone on Google Maps from iOS devices:
- From your target’s mobile device, go to Google Maps and click on Location Sharing; click on your contact or any other with whom you want the location to be shared. But for this, you will be required to add your Gmail account to the target user’s Gmail account.
- On iOS devices, the location is shared on Gmail. So from your Google account, you can click on View on Google Maps to check their shared location.
If you are not on the target user’s Google contacts list, you can also share the location on iMessage or other chat apps like Whatsapp.
Now that you’ve learned how to find someone’s location on Google Maps without them knowing from various devices let’s move ahead and also learn about the same from phone numbers.
How to Track Someone’s Location With Phone Number on Google Maps?
You might be wondering if it is possible to track someone with their phone number on Google Maps; well, it is possible. Well, it is quite easy to
find someone’s location by phone number free. But for this, you will require a reliable phone number-tracking software like Geo.finder. Here’s how it works:
- Simply launch the application and provide the target phone number.
- Create a customizable message that will make them approve the access to their location.
- And you are done, now as soon as Geo.finder finds the location of the target user you will be notified.
And that was how to find someone’s location by phone number free, but did you know that you can also track someone’s location from Whatsapp? Let’s see how.
How to Track Someone’s Location From Whatsapp?
Since Whatsapp allows its users to share everything and anything, one of them is location and live location as well. Let’s see how to track a phone without them knowing on Google Maps through Whatsapp:
- Launch the Whatsapp account of the target user and open your chat from their account.
- There on the chat, click on the ‘+’ option from where you can send various attachments.
- From there, choose the location option.
- Click on Share Live Location. Make sure that you click on the Live option and not on the current location option as the current location option will only give you access to their location at that particular moment.
- Select the time period you want to track their location and once done, click on the send option.
And you are all done, now if you don’t want them to know that you’re tracking their location, you can delete the shared location option from their chat.
Use Spy Apps
Now if you don’t want to implement any of the above-mentioned methods or are somehow unable to, there’s still a chance that you can track cell phone location free of Google Maps without them knowing. For this, all you have to do is use some spy apps. This will require you to make a small investment to buy a reliable and worthy spy app subscription, but that will definitely serve you with the exact and accurate location tracking of your loved ones, and that too 24/7. Here’s a list of a few of them:
- EyeZy– One of the best mobile surveillance apps best known for its advanced features.
- uMobix– Another great option for Android users who want to track someone without letting them know.
- Geofinder– This Google Maps tracker lets the user track someone with anyone’s mobile number.
Is It Legal to Track Someone’s Location Without Them Knowing?
If you are performing all these measures to track your kid’s location whose under 18 years of age, then it’s perfectly Ok. This is because you are their legal guardians and before the age of 18 they need someone to take their proper care.
However, you should always keep this thing in your mind if you are tracking someone’s location without their authority or even their notice, it is an act of punishable offense. So before hopping on to any such measures, be sure to take proper precautionary measures, or you can simply ask the person to share their location with you for safety purposes.
Here are some frequently asked questions about how to track someone location with phone number on Google Maps:
Ans: Yes, Google sends regular notifications to the users sharing their notifications. It sends the notifications on their mobile devices and also on their linked Gmail account sometimes.
Ans: Yes you can, it is possible to track a car using Google Maps but only if a cell phone with its location sharing on is left in the car.
Ans: Yes, you can, simply turn off all the notifications from Google and Gmail for a while from the settings of your device.